SHAFT KONRAD NO. 2 – SHAFT REHABILITATION
Within the framework of the construction of a repository for radioactive waste with negligible heat generation in the former Konrad iron ore mine, shaft 2 and related shaft stations are prepared for the servicing of a waste storage facility.
The contracted services essentially comprise:
- The preparation/revision of the necessary approval planning and manufacturer-specific production planning for all plant required and to be installed for the provision of services and for the implementation of the construction measures,
- The planning, delivery, transport to and from the site and the assembly and dismantling of the surface and underground construction site facilities as well as all facilities required for the execution of the work, including the temporary materials handling equipment such as the platform system, emergency winding system, etc.
- The preparation of the approval planning for the implementation of the construction measures,
- Investigation of the shaft masonry,
- Rehabilitation work on the shaft lining
- Construction of a shaft station at the 2nd level,
- Rehabilitation of the shaft station at the 3rd level,
- Enlarging of the existing cross-cut at the 2nd level,
- Partial excavation of the storage transport drift,
- The construction of the shaft cellar including the ventilation channel,
- Equipment of the shaft installations for the later operation of the repository.
Client: BGE Bundesgesellschaft für Endlagerung mbH
The works were contracted to the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Schacht Konrad 2 (ASK 2)) consisting of REDPATH DEILMANN GmbH and Thyssen Schachtbau GmbH.
The project was launched in 2010.